Re: Magical senses Vs Illusions

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 14:37:04 -0000

Understood. I still think that if someone uses illusion powers to create the illusion of something, someone using Sense Runic Powers should be able to detect the fact that illusion powers are in play, but it depends on how good the two magicians are.

The complication is when someone uses Illusion powers to create the illusion of a non-illusion based magical effect. Can someone use illusion powers to fool someone's magical senses that can detect the source of a magical effect?

For example, I create the illusion of a Death Sword, imbued with the magical powers of Severence and Endings. Joe Bloggs walks in, sees the sword and uses his 'Sense Death Magic' feat. What happens?

Maybe it is possible to 'spoof' a magical sense with a sufficiently sophisticated illusion? I don't see why not.

Simon Hibbs