Re: Donandar magic keyword

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 12:23:50 -0000

I'm not sure it is "movement" as such, more probabilities, sort of Shroedingers Entertainer. You can't tell which is the "real" Donandari until you can test it, so in a way they are all "real" and all "illusionary" (maybe there is a cautionary tale of a Donadari, or (since someone said it sounds like a Trickster power) a Trickster who got lost in his own illusions and vanished completely)

>But still
> I am unconvinced. Perhaps I'll do as David suggested, and make it
the secret
> of a hero cult. Though this opens up another question: is Donandar
cult big
> enough to have heroes, or would they be subsumed under the great
god?

Any cult is big enough to have Heroes if it has worshippers capable of becoming Heroes - Hero Cults on the other hand..... Obviously it is easier for large Cults since it's potential heroes will be able to call on better and more powerful support, and because there will be more people to follow the Heroes path and remember/learn/rediscover their feats.

For example, and off the top of my head, say 1% of a god's followers follow a particular hero cult, and 85% of Orlanthi follow Orlanth, then obviously an Orlanthi tribe will be able to call upon a number of Orlanth Hero Cults. The number of Donandari will be small to start with (and will be "competing" with heroes of Orlanth the Bard, Lankhor Mhy the Skald and Issaries the Storyteller) so the number of Donandar Hero Cults available at any one time is going to be very low.

(Does that make sense?)