Re: Sense Runic Power

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 09:40:52 -0000

When is a shrine innactive?

> I do still think that "illusionness" is in principle detectable,
though;
> the "timer" as someone else put it, or whatever else distinguishes
it
> from a "permanent" object or creature (in the non-mystical sense!).

I suppose that since 'real' cows aren't permanent either (they grow old, get eaten, etc), you'd have to define what kind of permanency you were detecting for.

> > Finally, I am not convinced that "detect rune powers" is a common
feat or
> > power. It smacks of sorcery to me.

Well, it's in the cult writeup and two of the characters in my game have it, so there's not much I can do about it now.

I don't think it's going to be a very big problem. I've got a lot of freedom about how much information it's appropriate to give depending on the level of success, and anyway I like being able to pump information to the players. Ok, it short circuits a few sub-plots, but if they are using the right ability the right way at the right time, why not give them the benefits?

Simon Hibbs