Re: Re: Donandar magic keyword

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 13:50:45 +0100

About Donander:

Firstly, I don't believe we need to change his Runic associations just because we're changing game system. I would say that mythologically Donander is a child of two of the Celestial Court and that Harmony and Illusion are his runes. He does have (if I recall the RQ writeup correctly) 'children' or perhaps aspects/masks who are part of the Storm and Fire tribes (and a third one? a War Music god? Might want to dump him: he always felt like pure game construct) and they would have slightly different runic associations but Donander *is* worshipped by very diverse groups. You might make a case for him also having Movement as a Rune because his followers are rootless wanderers but I've no idea how you'd work this out in story terms.

I would say that the Exchange Places feat is part of a related cult, that of the Puppeteers who would worship Illusion directly. You could probably allow Donander worshipping minstrels to learn such a feat at an appropriate penalty.

--
Michael Cule