Re: Sense Runic Power

From: jamesjhawkins <James.Hawkins_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 12:29:20 -0000

> Would the cow have detected as a cow using cow detecting magic?(yes)
> If Jimmy was asked if it's a real cow, and said yes, would he
> have been shown a liar by lie detecting magic?(no)
> If he was asked
> if he created to cow using magic and said no, would he be cought out
> using lie detection?(yes) If he went to an Issaries market to sell
> the cow, would the market spell reveal his intent to rip people
> off?(maybe)

Looked at another way though, Jimmy's attempt to sell the cow to Joe would be played as a contest. In that case the question is what abilities can be used by either side to bring about their desired outcome.

I'd say that Cow Detecting Magic (Note to self: get Detect Cow onto a character sheet) could help in determining that it isn't a cow. Since Jimmy is being dishonest, then lie-detecting magic or abilities could be applied against him.
Shouldn't Bless Market augment anybody who is being ripped-off in the market? If it should then Joe qualifies. If people are questioning Jimmy, then he could certainly use a Lie ability to dodge the difficult questions. Like if he'd done the illusion with the big dog, as above, then he could truthfully say "No" to the question "Did you create the cow Jimmy?" Jimmy and Joe could both use Animal Lore (Cow Knowledge).

My 2p (soon to be Eurocentime or something, no doubt.)

sjjh