Re: Re: Donandar magic keyword

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 10:38:44 -0700

> Firstly, I don't believe we need to change his Runic associations just
> because we're changing game system. I would say that mythologically
> Donander is a child of two of the Celestial Court and that Harmony and
> Illusion are his runes. He does have (if I recall the RQ writeup
> correctly) 'children' or perhaps aspects/masks who are part of the Storm
> and Fire tribes (and a third one? a War Music god? Might want to dump
> him: he always felt like pure game construct) and they would have
> slightly different runic associations but Donander *is* worshipped by
> very diverse groups. You might make a case for him also having Movement
> as a Rune because his followers are rootless wanderers but I've no idea
> how you'd work this out in story terms.

Dodnader would have his own rune, but Harmony and Illusion would appear in his affinities. That was the thrust (or at least the *attempted* thrust) of my message the other day.

Some gods have one of the "old" runes as his identifier (Humakt uses "Death" as "his" rune), but most will have a brand new rune for their very own. The old RQ runes then are used in the affinity section.

RR