Re: Re:Re: Re: Sense Runic Power

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 21:25:31 +1200

Keith wrote:

>Isn't this a Feat of the Black Sun, a cult that, apart form Eurmal and
>Donandar, is the only other published source that has illusion magic.

Actually "False Healing" is from the Wizards of Gore (a.k.a. the Blood Sun) whose runes are unknown. Based on the Vithelan myths, I'd hazard that Basko's Illusion association is in the later Gregly sense of opposition to transcendent reality rather than the earlier creation of temporal reality. Basko does teach how to make spectres but I've never grokked how this followed from a god that manifested as a "howling black fire".

--Peter Metcalfe