Re: Cowed by an Illusion

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 11:56:23 -0000

> >> Even if he has no Uralda-connected magic at all?
> >
> >I think it is possible for him to do so.
>
> The trick, in this case, would be fooling Uralda -- she's the
one
> that makes calves after all. Everyone would see the mating, but
unless the
> goddess noticed (a Complete Success? A high resistance?), no calf.

Uralda isn't a person, and as a heortling goddess is bound by the Compromise anyway, so I don't think this is realy relevent. A Uralda worshiper might take offence of course, and decide to punish the trickster.

Mythicaly, trickster was present whenever the world changed, and had a hand in almost every major mythic event even if his contribution is often forgotten (at least, people try to forget as hard as possible sometimes), hence the wide range of his mischievous abilities. In order to get the ability to create fake cows, he must have been involved in some mythical adventure where he learned to make cows.

On a different point, in RQ a Create Cow spell would do exactly that, and you'd need a different spell to make cow smells, etc. In HW I imagine you'd have a Create Cow feat, which would allow you to create a full cow at a high difficulty, or cow smells, etc at lower resistances.

Simon Hibbs