Re: Re: Illusion

From: Benedict Adamson <yahoo_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 11:45:43 +0100

Alex Ferguson wrote:
> but if
> you were creating a cow 'from scratch', using 'general purpose illusion
> magic' (if it makes sense to talk of such at all), it seems clear to me
> that 'fertility' would be something you'd have to set out to 'include'
> to stand any reasonable change of it actually happening.

It could be argued that there is no 'general purpose illusion magic', the Celestial Court being long gone. We're talking about Eurmal Tricksters here, who's illusions should always be flawed, preferably in some amusing way. Isn't a motif in traditional stories that illusions have a flaw? We can't expect Eurmali to carefully and methodically think of all the attributes their illusionary cows should possess.

(Running from the enraged bull... 'oh, you wanted a FEMALE cow!')