Re: Illusion

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 16:51:43 -0000

> events, contra Simon who seems to think that 'Illusory cows' will be
> (or at least will strongly tend to be) 'perfect but temporary
cows'. As I
> commented before (and Simon didn't comment on), his position seems
> be somewhat contradicted by the possiblity of "medieval bestiary
cows",
> which don't correspond to a 'real' anything. [Page fault: invalid
> Platonic Ideal pointer.]

I've already explicitly commented on this in a previous reply to one of your own posts :

To restate :

]I agree, I think a Marginal Success at the Create Cow feat should
]be rather comical and only marginaly cow-like. However a Complete
]Success should be, well, completely successful in creating a cow.
]
]I'm interested in the potential of trickster, or other illusion
]magics, because this gives me more information about what's
]going on than the marginal cases.

I am not sugesting anything other than that normal Hero Wars rule apply, and that a Complete Success does exactly what it says on the tin.

According to standard Hero Wars rules, general abilities should have appropriateness modifiers that make them less suitable for specific purposes than more specific abilities. Therefore a Create Fake Cow ability is going to be a lot easier to use to create a cow than a Create Fake Animal ability.

How would you suggest modifying the standard Hero Wars rules to fit your version of 'always flawed' illusion magic?

Simon Hibbs