Re: Re: Illusion

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Thu Sep 16 11:42:17 2010

> I am not sugesting anything other than that normal Hero Wars rule
> apply, and that a Complete Success does exactly what it says
> on the tin.

That has nothing at all do do with the HW rules per se, and everything to do with the interpretation of the meaning of the tag, which in this case amount to eliding "Create Illusory Cow" to "Create Cow", without any regard to the likely magical difficulty, it seems to me.

> According to standard Hero Wars rules, general abilities should
> have appropriateness modifiers that make them less suitable for
> specific purposes than more specific abilities. Therefore a
> Create Fake Cow ability is going to be a lot easier to use to
> create a cow than a Create Fake Animal ability.

But even "Animal" is pretty particularised, especially as all animals are able to reproduce, for example. If you have an ability which can create things which can or can't reproduce, and may or may not actually exist (the "bestiary cow", which your reply does _not_ address), then it seems to me unlikely that a "cow illusion" created thereby will in any way be likely to tap into "primal cowness" in the sort of way that would enable one to conclude that it will necessarily be able to breed.

> How would you suggest modifying the standard Hero Wars rules
> to fit your version of 'always flawed' illusion magic?

As follows: