Re: Donandar & Bards (wandering OT)

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 15:03:20 -0000

Strangely (and OT...) at the Live Roleplay weekend I was at a couple of weeks ago, the highlight of the weekend was the Bards' competition held in the Inn (an in-character, real bar, candle-lit, draped with tapestries, serving some fine and very real booze, with serving wenches in suitable costume - and a rather worrying Drow barman!). One of the finest songs (or chants really) was one called 'Ducks' or maybe 'Ducks in the Park', apparently by Bauhaus. The lyrics went something like...

Ducks...Ducks...In the Park
They're wearing smart suits
and smoking cigars
Ducks...Ducks...in the park

etc. Essential to any Gloranthan collection! Anyone know more about this? I have to get it on CD!

Wulf