RE: Re: Improv penalties

From: Stephen Elves <stephen_at_...>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 15:52:00 +0100

> Another possibility would be to apply a divisor to the the ability.
> For instance, a 10W2 ability would become a 5W ability if the
> narrator felt that the improvisation called for a divisor of 2.

> ---

In my opinion this would be *far* to complex, it's realtivly simple for 1/2, and possibly even 1/4 or 1/3, but what about say 4/5 or something, it would either be to "coarse" or require a lot of mental arithmetic/calculator and seeing as the goal is to make the rules "simple". I much prefer simply assigning appropriate resistances, if someone is "good" at something he is likely to be to "good" at related things, a top flight pistol marksman is probably likely to be a pretty good rifle marksman, even if he has never held one before in his life.

Just my £0.02 worth

Stephen

---