Re: Great Website Here!

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 22:01:28 +0100

>My ISP is very anti spam, which I applaud. Whenever yahoogroups.com is
>used as the origin of spam, it ends up in a black hole list used by my
>ISP, and all messages from all yahoogroups addressed to me are bounced.
>I then have to manually reactivate my yahoogroups. Inevitably, I miss
>some messages in the mean time.
>
>Having to reactivate yahoogroups and missing messages is inconvenient. I
>would therefore appreciate any alterations to the set-up of the group
>that the moderators could make to reduce the likelihood of spammers.

Perhaps you would get more mileage pointing out to the ISP that a signal to noise ratio of about 99.9% signal is pretty darn good these days, and black listing the group for the 0.1% spam is kind of overkill. Certainly, I doubt there is much the moderators can do that they haven't done already.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson