Kill Referee Usurpers!

From: Gianfranco Geroldi <giangero_at_...>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 05:34:12 -0700 (PDT)

>Consider a game like chess. The outcome of the game
entirely depends on
the skills of the players. They have complete control.

yep, because there is no referee and there is no luck (unless you play randomly or found your strategy on disturbing the adversary, on the board and out of it, like my personal style of chess playing)

>Now consider a classic 'simulationist' RPG. Although
there is an
element
of skill, the players players are at the mercy of the referee

As soccer has shown during the past World Championship, any game is at the mercy of the referee when there is a referee :-(

Gian

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Finance - Get real-time stock quotes http://finance.yahoo.com