Re: Last actions as played

From: wulfcorbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 13:12:28 -0000

> 1. Is it just an ability roll? (A simple contest with resistance
> based on how negative your AP are might be better.)

That depends on the action. The 'Tough' roll to ALLOW you the action is, I'd say, a simple Ability test (modified by current wounded/injured state, and any other suitable modifiers). I'm going to be VERY lenient on what ability is allowed here, after realising how few characters actually have 'Tough'...

> 2. When do you roll? (possible answer: When your turn to act comes
> around, in normal AP order, the next time after you ran out of AP.)

At the start of the round where you will attempt an action, I'd ask for the 'Tough' roll (If I remember, otherwise when the actual action is due). Since the character will be at zero or negative AP, he'll act last if at all.

> 3. Is it for PCs only?

Depends how I feel... I had a perfectly ordinary horse use it once, I felt sorry for it.

> 4. Does the character have to have been ignored by opposing contest
> participants to have a chance?

Maybe not IGNORED, but they shouldn't have had to make a roll for a round in reply to enemy action.

> 5. If the character is an animist and they deploy a new spirit with
> their action (after they made the ability roll) they might end up
> with positive AP, and hence be back in the contest. (I think this
is
> OK.)

I would certainly allow that (I intend to use it, many, many times...), in fact the whole idea is to use some - any - ability to regain positive AP. No idea what the HQ Animist rules will change though.

> 6. Does it change in HQ?

Probably...

Wulf