Re: Re: Last actions as played

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 14:15:26 -0700

> > On a Complete Success, he'll get 34 AP (2x the ability rating)
> > On a Minor or Major, he'll regain 17 Ap (1x the AR)
> > On a Marginal or Tie he gets nothing, but loses nothing. From here
> on it's
> > bad news for Bill!
> > On a Minor or Major Defeat he gains a Hurt (-1) and gets no AP.
> > On a complete Defeat he'll drop from Hurt to Injured (he won't lose
> more AP,
>
> Aruga! Aruga! Special-purpose Mechanics have been detected
> approaching Hero Wars!
>
> Not keen. Want Mechanics Lite.

Well, the mechanics are the same, but the results of the roll are different.

It uses the Simple Contest table
It uses the Tie-Marginal-Minor-Major-Complete Victory scheme. What changes is "what does a level of Victory Mean?", which already has special cases - Augments/AP lending are a "special case" of "What does victory mean". Combat vrs non-combat also (or more properly, physical threat vrs non-physical - A hero may *die* from combat, drowning, falling, etc, but probably not from losing a debate or trying to get into a girl's knickers (not as a direct reult of the die roll, anyway - I'm not talking about what her brothers might do...).).

RR