RE: Re: Last actions as played

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 23:48:19 +0100

OK, Andrew:

>>> Some people like a defeated enemy to stay down without looking after

>>> him,

>> i.e. they don't want to routinely administer coups de grace (assuming

>> this represents "looking after him").

> Not necessarily. In the HW rules, it says you can prevent a defeated
> enemy from performing a final action just by having a character (e.g.
> a follower) "watch them".

Presumably these rules would not satisfy the people Roderick alluded to above, i.e. people who don't want to have to "watch" / "look after" their defeated enemies. So I don't see why you mention them.

I grant that the "i.e." in my >>'d quote above could have been an e.g. instead, but in my defence we *were* arguing about specifics (promiscuous coups de grace for downed foes), not general cases (having your followers be alert off-camera so you don't need to).

Cheers, Nick