RE: Fw: Invisibility and Making Affinities

From: Hibbs, Philip <philip.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 14:45:18 +0100

>That's my experience too, however when we implemented the rule
>that it doesn't cover anything you carry it solved all the problems we
>were having, kinda limited it to genuine sneeky types.

I can see justifications for ruling that, say, it doesn't affect metal, or that each Enc point being carried requires 1 extra point of spell, or in HW terms, add +1 to the resistance per small item carried, with weapons and armour adding their rank rating. It can be really annoying, though, to take an ability like "invisibility" in character creation, and then when you come to use it in the game, it's useless because the referee has crippled it. This could be a problem in Hero Wars, because all ability interpretations can be vetoed by the referee. "Sunset Leap? You can only use that at sunset, and it's cloudy, so it doesn't work."

Philip Hibbs http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/ Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let alone those of any organisations, nations, species, or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated.