RE: Guarding vrs Slaughtering

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 00:58:50 +0100

However, earlier today, Roderick wrote:

> Had the soldiers taken the precaution of administering the coup de
> grace (a bullet to the head for everyone), or policed up the room
> immediately, the "dead" guy wouldn't have had a chance.

And this is why I (mistakenly) believed he was advocating routine use of the "precautionary" coup de grace against downed foes... in this context, "look after" does indeed have sinister overtones which I accept Roderick never intended.

> [The war movie schtick] is an object lesson in "never lowering your
> guard, even when you think it's safe",

I do not think HW/HQ should have mechanics which encourage players routinely to specify the tedious precautions they are taking.

> Sheesh, I *never advocated* that Rollo kill the prisoners! You are
> reading way too much into this Nick.

See 2nd quote above for the reason why. I agree I misinterpreted what you were saying *in that instance*. You will, however, note the wider context.

And I think that about wraps things up for me.

Cheers, Nick