Re: Talk to soul

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 14:27:01 +1200

Andrew Dawson writes:
>>Ty Kora Tek isn't part of the Storm Realm but resides in the Earth
>>Realm.  Any working and usable relationships are through her
>>daughter Ernalda.  Hence I think it difficult for her devotees to
>>contact the ancestors in the Storm Realm.

> I may need to invoke the IMG (in my Glorantha) here, but since TKT
> handles all the dead, I think that she is part of the Storm Tribe
> or, if you like, the Storm pantheon, as in Worship Storm Pantheon
> includes her. Her worshippers may not be involved in handling Humakti
> dead (ST p. 89), but that reference doesn't exclude them from the pre-
> burial rites and I don't know of any other reference that excludes TKT
> from handling any particular type of corpses.

As I said on the other list, there's a difference between handling corpses and having the dead reside in your own portion of the otherworld. Heortlings that do go to her silent cavern get a get-out-of-the-silent-caverns-free card on return day (also Storm Tribe p198 IIRC).

>>The demesnes are not directly accessible from the Storm Realm.

> I'm using the reference to Kolat's Cave of the Winds being hidden
> somewhere on the peak of Doktados Mountain (TR p. 135) to infer that
> Kolat's demesne is accessible from the Storm Realm.

Greg has said (and recently reconfirmed) that it is not directly accesible from the Storm Realm. Doktados is also present in the Hero Planes and the mortal world. Hence to get to the Cave of the Winds from Doktados in the Storm Realm would require a trip through the Hero Planes.

 --Peter Metcalfe