Re: The Bow Assassin

From: Mark Galeotti <mark_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 16:57:01 -0000

The point has already been made that the target would be ulikely to be dodging that effectively if the sniper was successfull firing from ambush, so a resistance 6 or a solid penalty on that Dodge would apply. But as regards 'clean kills', remember that the most likely outcome (sniper success vs bandit failure), a Minor Victory, is equivalent to driving someone to -11 to -20 AP (Ordinary Consequences table p132), more than enough to take someone to Hurt and out of a contest. If these are just mooks, of no real story consequence, then I'd generally rule that this was a kill. But if the bandit was of greater significance - or I felt like making him of greater significance - then, yes, he'd be injured and could crop up again at some point in the future, sore in every sense of the word...

All the best

Mark

Mark Galeotti