Re: Ransoms

From: nichughes2001 <nick.hughes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 11:03:10 -0000

<dissenting opinion>
Pretty much by definition your captor is ignoring you if you have a chance at a final action, not ideal for pleading for your life. Also I don't really think that offering ransom should get you back into the contest (positive AP) which a final action would.

I'd prefer to play it as resisting the coup de grace with Wealth.

</dissenting opinion>

> "Menelaus came up to him spear in hand, but Adrestus caught him by
> the knees begging for his life. "Take me alive," he cried, "son of
> Atreus, and you shall have a full ransom for me: my father is rich
and
> has much treasure of gold, bronze, and wrought iron laid by in his
> house. From this store he will give you a large ransom should he
hear
> of my being alive and at the ships of the Achaeans." The Illiad,
Book
> 6

Nice quote.

--