Re: How many APs can I bid?

From: stefan.drawert_at_...
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 18:27:43 +0200

Hi James

Monday, October 7, 2002, 5:24:31 PM, schriebst du:

> In an Extended Contest, having described my action, should the size
> of my bid be:

> 1. In proportion to the potential effect on my opponent, or

> 2. In proportion to the risk to myself

> ?

both.
unless you're heavily working with edges [evil!] the above points are linked, so that you always face a higher risk when bid a large amount to have a huge effect.

as narrator I try to evaluate the risk to the PC first, the players themselves seem to have more the size of the effect[s] in mind, I think.

BTW, we use considerably more APs as standard bid than suggested by the rules. 8-10 is normal, 15 is risky, the suggested 3 are rarely seen. makes for quicker and funnier actions...

at least, that's the way I think about it. OTOH, I usually don't care too much about number crunching.

--
Gut Laut,

 Stefan

mailto:stefan.drawert_at_...