RE: runes

From: guy hoyle <ghoyle1_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 13:48:26 -0500

|Why did the Chaos Rune change? Why aren't the Mastery (W), Power (R),
|and Infinity (oo) Runes included? Am I mistaken or is the old Lunar
|Rune now called "Balance"? What problem was solved in changing the
|Runes that we've all known and loved for a real long time.

I'm not an Issaries rep or anything, but let me hazard some guesses. The Chaos rune and the Plant rune changed for design reasons; I think they fit a little better with the other runes now. Don't know why Mastery, Magic, and Infinity were left out; something about them must not be "core". I'll bet they haven't been deleted, though; I think they'll show up again somewhere. The Balance rune is indeed the old Lunar rune; they regard themselves as a "balancing" influence, so I guess that what we thought was the Lunar rune was really the Balance rune all along. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, that the changes to the runes better express some aspects of Glorantha than the old system.

|FWIW, the new website looks great.

I agree. However, I found a lot of broken links. Is this just because the site is still being worked on, or has Chaos been at work here? (Who's in charge of buggy websites? Krarsht?)

Guy