Re: How to stage this scene?

From: Gianfranco Geroldi <giangero_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 01:36:33 -0800 (PST)

Thanx John:
this is very good too.
Less geological than Graham's, but more Cthuloid!

I could ask a subtle question when the Heroes desecrate the Temple: "the cave quakes. How do you feel?"

If they say: "We feel the need to flee before it collapses" I play it geological.
If they say: "We fear it could collapse" I play it Cthuloid.
If they say: "We start to laugh!" or something unexpected, I throw them a ton of rocks right now!!

> So perhaps give your cavern temple a Scary 10w2, use
> this as your main EC,
> and use cave ins, rumblings and kid attacks as part
> of its devices. A crit
> fear attack might be a cave in, a major victory a
> kid kiss etc. And of
> course serious defeats for the players mean
> outbreaks of gibbering under
> boulders, running away for a round or two, clenching
> legs together or having
> to change into a corduroy kilt. Watch 'em start
> spending heaps of EPs on
> their 'Brave'. :)

Gian

Yahoo! Mail Plus � Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now. http://mailplus.yahoo.com