Re: Improvise or Die

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 11:24:34 -0000

> Sorcerer's kickers are an interesting experiment -ask the players
> come up with a crisis that their character has to deal with that
> furthers our understanding of the character when it is resolved
(and
> you could tie hero point awards to the resolution). However from
> experience of tyring it even the most enthusiastic players can
> sometimes be stumped for a kicker

But it's not too hard to make up a whole list of potential plot seeds in one session of discussion. The referee can create kickers suitable to the ongoing plot from those. Make a list of enemies, friends, favours owed, frequented locations, past events. The ones the PLAYER remembers best and can detail more are obvious sources of plot.

> But, Stefan a question, maybe you are asking too much to start
with.
> Have yout hought of not explaining the cultures, the causes,
> firghtening them with large amounts of information but showing it
> them in game and letting them ask you when they want to know more.

Glorantha IS complex to start with though, even to create a character you have to wade through a selection of cults, and understand their function and relationship to one another, learn what sort of culture you are in (definitely different to most 'fantasy' games), and get usd to the magic 'how' and 'why'. Then there's the political situation with the Lunars and neighbouring clans. Of, course, the referee could always just tell you "You're a XXX cultist", and not explain it...

Wulf