Re: Digest Number 1073

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 00:57:11 +0000

On Fri, 3 Jan 2003 9:23:43 +1100, <flynnkd_at_...> wrote:

>Truesword Stroke (Humakt):
>Shield Destroyer (Humakt):

Basically, both of those are augments to Close Combat. However, I wouldn't allow Shield Destroyer to work unless the opposition has a shield, nor allow Truesword Stroke unless the user has a sword (which is pretty likely for a Humakti). I also would allow either to be used INSTEAD OF Close Combat, but in this case Shield Destroyer would be used not to wound the opposition, but to... wait for it... destroy his shield.

>Call Killer Rain (Heller):

Sounds like a direct magical attack to me, directed to a specific opponent, but obviously you could accept multiple opponent penalties.

>Has anyone every started a reference page of affinities? Listing affinities and possible uses and limitations for them, merely as a guide.

There have been attempts to do this, but there's a resistance group who believe that any sort of rules or guidelines are evil, and everyone should be left to work it all out themselves. I think some have been sneaked into the files section in the Yahoo site.

Wulf