Re: Doh!

From: Kmnellist_at_...
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 01:36:49 EST

Alex: (highlighting my mathematical mistake)
<< Notice that in this case, the "bauble" is worth only a little under half
 your current "net worth". (!) So in fact, it ought to increase it  significantly.>>

Can I say in my defence that I had forgotten how I had worked out the treasure adding bit, and had forgotten what I had been thinking (treasure like a lump sum, wealth like income so not entirely comparable). I will be sticking to my current relationship because it means the rich guys can afford to ignore treasure and I can be less worried about cheap stuff.

<< That's doubling every 10, though, rather than every mastery. (The former
 seems more reasonable, though, anyway.)>>

I am using 10 as a mastery. Masteries remain equivalent, it was just the numbers in between that change.

<< Working that assumption through, though, we should get a table more like
 the following:

 X-Y =

  0- 1:  X+10
  2- 3:  X+9
  4- 5:  X+8
  6- 8:  X+7
  9-11:  X+6
 12-14:  X+5
 15-18:  X+4
 19-24:  X+3
 25-31:  X+2
 32-48:  X+1

 49+ : X >>

Which is a reasonably simple table but I wanted to avoid including stuff that was 4 masteries apart having much effect on each other.

Keith