Re: Heroic Actions

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 08:19:48 +0000

>I was thining of allowing my players to activate Feats at heroic
>levels by expending HPs to do so.
>
>EG: A humakt feat like "Decapitate Foe" would be activated by
>expending a HP and would then actually do exactly that... swish...
>but only for one action/attack.

Personally, I allow this sort of action without spending a Hero Point. Don't see anything in the rules to suggest otherwise. Just because you use your magic to augment in a lot of cases doesn't mean you can't use the feats as skills in their own right. You'll probably need to spend a HP to make it work though...

>A minor victory would obviosuly not do the trick, and a complete
>victory seems a little hard to get, but is a Major Victory a
>suitable level for this? I dont want them to have to drive the
>opponent to -40AP, this is a dramatic act that results in
>decapitation if it works (it would still do AP damage as normal if
>it doesnt work).

I make it an all or nothing attempt - you need a complete victory to succeed. A major victory means the attempt failed but the opponent is wounded and out of combat. Anything below this just isn't good enough. I'd definatly not run this as an extended contest, although using it for the final action of an extended contest seems perfectly reasonable.

>Should the Affinity score be used to resolve this or CC skill?

Why would you use close combat? You're using the feat, therefore roll against the feat's target number! That's what it's for.

>Has anyone done something like this ??

Something like this? All the time.

Cheers,
Graham