Re: Feat list

From: Jeff <jakyer_at_...> <jakyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 16:39:07 -0000

For what it is worth to you (and others) when we started out we had somewhat of a similar problem. One player lacked the flexiblity to deal with the magic system. He complained that he cuoldn't understand his 'spell list.'

What we eventually did was this: I did was sat down with him and discussed what we felt each of the feats that he had available and what they did. He was much happier. But what he wanted the 'spells' to co was a lot different (and much more restricted) than what I would have allowed others.

As he gained more conficence (and watched his companions use their magic much more flexibly) he started to innovate.

It was a more extreme solution than I liked but it served as 'training wheels.' I would not want to do this at the Issaries level because it woudl serve to 'carve things in stone' and we'd be back to having those old 'one true way' 'discussions.'

I hope this helps.

Jeff