Re: Re: Invulnerable foes

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 10:15:44 +0000

>Suppose, to continue this example, that someone has a
>"skill" of "Garlic Breath 1W". Would you use that as
>your main attack (possibly augmented by a few Wind
>affinities and CC)? It would have to be "opposed" by
>the Flaw 20 somehow, but as a negative, and there I
>get confused.

Well, assuming that garlic breath will repel rather than kill a vampire (doesn't seem too unreasonable to me) I'd augment the Garlic Breath 1W with the vampire's Garlic Flaw 20, for either a +2 automatic or whatever bonus the player cares to roll for. Then I'd require the vampire to resist with Steadfast, Brave, Bloodlust, or similar ability. Failure for the vampire means he will flee the attack, as his fear of garlic has overcome his ability to act rationally.

Other uses are, of course, possible.

My general advice would be to try and avoid negatives entirely in Hero Wars, apart from improv modifiers. I normally treat penalties for one side as bonuses for the other - if you see what I mean. And flaws fall into that category.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Graham

--