Re: I just can't stop myself...

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 20:05:12 +0100

On Tue, 16 May 2000 11:55:39 -0700, "Roderick and Ellen Robertson" <rjremr_at_sierratel.com> wrote:

>> matter of impatience, it's probably answered in the HW rules...
>
>Actually, yes it is :-)

Despite still being desperately unhappy about the lack of definition of Feats, and a bit dissatisfied over the '6' base for unspecified Abilities (how can a Strong 6 man pull his Large 6 buddy off the battlefield to safety?), there's little of significance I've fault with in HW so far I can't correct within 5 minutes of House Ruling...

>You do not need to be an apprentice Shaman to get the Spirit Combat ability,
>it is a normal part of Traditions that practice widespread Integration (like
>Hsunchen).

Aha, so you don't need the equivalent of the Spirit-Talker occupation...
>On the other hand, a Shaman can aid a willing person to integrate a spirit
>(the target *must* be willing!)

Unless the Shaman is Chaotic, of course...
>or into an animal (the equivalent of
>"awakening an animal" from RQ)

I've got one character who'll be happy to see that...
>in other traditions. It requires a Complete
>Victory on the part of the shaman to do this though.
>
>>Can you Integrate a
>> spirit into an OBJECT? I'm trying to recreate some RQ enchantments,
>> bound spirits which could be used by others, without releasing the
>> spirit.
>
>Basically, that is a Fetish where the shaman got a Complete Victory - the
>fetish may be used as often as the user likes, rather than once per day.
Ah, happy day...

>When you get your copy, it is on page 209.
Thanks.

Wulf