Re: Relearning with HQ?

From: Mark Galeotti <mark_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 16:10:10 -0000

Great to hear that you're going to be spreading the word to non- Gloranthaphiles!

> If I start now with HW while I still have their attention how much
> reteaching will I have to do when HQ comes out? Will it mostly
> be "that doesn't matter anymore" or will they need to completely
> relearn how portions of the rules (the magic system in particular
> worries me).

Animism and wizardry are *heavily* revised (and all the better for it), but if you stick with theism, changes in conversion from HW to HQ will be very minor.

In general terms, though, HQ is HW streamlined, properly written and explained and with some of the stranger quirks addressed. The basic mechanics (masteries, openly defined abilities, AP, etc) are the same, so I really don't think there should be any problem.

Good luck!

Mark