Re: Training

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 08:32:20 -0000

I was going to offer much the same advice. By and large, training is not "interesting", especially if it is only one character from a group who is persuing it (Obviously you could devote an evening's play to a training session (think of William learning to joust in "A Knights Tale" or Wart'stransformations in "Sword in the Stone", but then it wouldn't be "training between episodes"). On the other hand, a player who makes an effort to track down people to provide them training (and thus giving the GM NPC's with whom they have a relationship and can thus act as patrons, complications or otherwise introduce plot twists into the campaign) should be rewarded above those who just say "I'll spend all my Hero points putting up my Close Combat abilities..."