Sedenyic Myth Hacking.

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 15:48:10 -0000

Ok, here's the in-game situation. Mysterious strangers have obtained a pint of Vanaxis' Blood. Vanaxis is a Devotee of Yanafal Tarnils. Alicia, a Priestess of Natha, wants to help get it back using Nathic restitution/ballance magic.

Natha's affinities are : Otherworld, Ballancer and Nathic Combat.

Orogeria has an Otherworld feat called 'Track Through Otherworlds' which would be very usefull - perhaps she could use this to track the mystical link between Vanaxis and his blood?

Here's a transcript of my email to the player. Do you think this is reasonable, or am I being too generous letting Alicia 'steal' a feat from an allied goddess?

Si

Finaly, I've been thinking about tracking down Vanaxis' blood. One of the other divine incarnations of the goddess is Orogeria, and she has an Otherworld feat of 'Track Through Otherworlds'. Natha doesn't have this, but if you can make appropriate Mythology of Natha or Sedenyic Philosophy rolls, you might be able to have a crack at it. After all, one of the Goddess' principles is that We Are All Us.

  1. Roll 'Mythology of Natha' or 'Sedenyic Philosophy', whichever is higher, augmenting whith the lower of the two abilities. Opposing Difficulty is 10.
  2. On a Complete Success you can use your own Otherworld affinity at full value for a 'Track Through Otherworlds' attempt. For each level of success down from a Complete Success, you'd be -5.
  3. Also on a Complete Success I'll let you cement that by spending 2 Hero Points (or Character Points) and get Track Through Otherworlds as a permanent Feat.

This is serious myth hacking, and not easy, and potentialy quite dangerous. No promises, but it's certainly possible.