Re: Sedenyic Myth Hacking.

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 10:03:58 -0000

> Also, I think the resistance is too low - only 10? This is
*someone* (or
> some*thing*) you're getting the ability from, not just plucking it
out of
> thin air.

A fair point, but the fact is she should be able to just busk this as an improvised Otherworld feat anyway with some level of penalty. This way if she gets a Marginal or Minor victory, which are the most likely outcomes, she gets a chance at -10 or -15, which are quite stiff penalties. The question she's asking is not realy a hard one 'are there mythic resonances between Natha and Orogeria in this case?'. In the general case obviously there are, so I don't think it should be too hard to find some mythic/philosophical justifications for what she is doing.

> Personally, *I* wouldn't want to encourage this sort of myth
hacking - "Oh,
> now I need to endure this pain, so I'll just "borrow" a feat from
Gerra for
> a while, she won't miss it, honest, and "We're All Us", so it's
okay."

I would not allow her to borrow a feat from an affinity of Gerra's if Natha doesn't also have the same affinity. However Natha and Orogeria both have the Otherworld affinity, and this in an Orogerian Otherworld feat. Since she should be able to busk ad-hoc Otherworld feats anyway, I think this way of doing things is reasonable. It's also fun.

> As you note, this is "Stealing" (whether this was intentional
wording on
> your part I don't know - if it wasn't intentional, then it reveals
how you
> feel about it :-) ).

I would only allow her the option of cementing the feat on a Complete Success. This would actualy be quite an important event. She would be unlike other Nathan priestesses from that point on, and I think this would probably indicate a subtle shift in her personal philosophy. I think that's both cool and funky, and I hope it happens, but as you say that doesn't mean I should make it easy!

Simon Hibbs