RE: Augments?

From: bernuetz.oliver_at_...
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 16:46:12 -0400

Jane said:

>Ah, clearly your mind is not as cynical and warped as
>mine. So I will try to explain again. This time I will
>augment with various abilities not listed on my
>character sheet, which I therefore have at the default
>6.

No, just very tired and sort of stupid today:-) I've played with the King of Squeezes in my time and he would have loved your examples.

>Let's see, that's
>"explain to bernuetz.oliver_at_..." at 6 for a
>+1

>Get the picture? No justification needed.

Got it. I missed the obvious.

>I don't augment my combat with "play bagpipes", I
>augement it with "fight person called Fred", and
>"fight person wearing blue trousers", and anything
>else, as specific as I need, that I make up at the
>time.

>So I really hope that a skill of 6 *doesn't*
>auto-augment.

I agree. "Obviously:-)" it has to be an actual skill you possess for it to augment, not a base default. (At least that's how it should read).

Oliver