Re: Re: Close Combat

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 11:34:34 -0700

> > The difference is that in HW, CC takes 3 HP to improve by +1 [...]
>
> I heard such a rule being "floated" by Greg a couple of years ago (and
> almost as quickly poo-poo'd by Roderick), but AFAIK such a thing has
> never appeared in any 'official' publication, much less in HW itself.
> (If anything, the implication was that this is how it would be in HW2/HQ.
> I'm tempted to assume it's gone The Way Of All Flesh.)

And the reason I poo-pooed it was that David Dunham had convinced me that "Close Combat" is the ability to hurt people - that's all it does. So what if you are hurting them with a long pointy thing or a short heavy one? It was needlessly adding complexity. CC wasn't a "Broad" ability like say, Strong or Intelligent, which could be used in many different situations as a primary ability, and in many more as an augmentor.

"3HP for CC" was never officially adopted in either the FAQ or Errata.

RR
- Richelieu