Re: Re: Close Combat

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 00:21:58 +0100

On Sun, May 18, 2003 at 02:23:32PM -0400, Dave Camoirano wrote:
> ? I'm not sure what you're referring to here. HW specifically states
> that CC takes 3 HP to improve by +1 (assuming the increase is related to
> the session).

I'm referring to the fact that there's no such statement in HW:RiG, specific or otherwise, that's what! Only affinities have this rate of increase. I don't think the idea of any other ability having this "broad" character in any rules sense had any public outing at all before this-time-2001, and has no 'official' (or even 'properly published', I think) standing at any time. Open to correction if I'm brain-farting here, naturally.

Personally I think it was an OKish idea, but perhaps a little overspecified.   One can achieve a somewhat similar result by being somewhat 'harder' on HP costs for over-broad abilities ("No, you can't increase your "Strong" and your "Lucky" for 1HP this week, else you'd be doing it every other week, too!"), and similarly a little more generous with very specific ones (directed and/or 'discount' raises). If such concerns are even an issue, that is.

Cheers,
Alex.