Re: Re: HeroQuest at the printer!

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 17:18:08 -0700

> *flees and makes arrangements to attend Tentacles under heavy disguise
> as a foot shorter and Dutch*

Damn, *that* I'd like to see, but unfortunately, my (non-existant) finances prohibit me from the journey this year. So you can attend as your normal self...this year.

> > Since I haven't priced PR or Settlers (not my style, mostly, and I don't
> > have the gelt for 'em even if I did want 'em) are those good prices (so
> > you'd be likely to buy those instead of a nice, cushy RPG) or so
overpriced
> > that you fear for what HQ will run?
>
> Those are so overpriced that I gasped in "shock and awe" so great that
> no thoughts of other types of game entered by impressionable post-
> Calvinist head at the time. (Roughly double what one would pay from
> a discount outlet in the US or Germany. Probably, sadly, not at all
> out of line with what one normally pays in the UK and Ireland in a bona
> fide actual floor-space retailer...)

Urk. It is tough to support our FLGSs when they price this way. Well, that's what you get when you live in the back of beyond. (My nearest store is 60 miles away, but at least she uses the MSRP).

RR
- Richelieu