Guns.

From: James Frusetta <gerakkag_at_...>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 01:03:12 -0700

An odd question, but:

I was talking about HW/Q rules with a friend; they were most intrigued, since they felt the HW/Q rules would fit the Call of Cthulhu setting very well (since they felt BRP doesn't do a great job when it comes to things like library research).

One question came up, and I don't remember seeing it on the group: how to handle guns? We thought it seemed most appropriate to keep guns very deadly in
a Mythos setting (since it's decidedly *not* Heroic). But how to represent that?

One can just "up" the appropriate skill to generate lots of APs, but in the RW
guns are deadly even in the hands of someone with poor skills (but a bit of luck); giving more APs also (to us, at least) seemed to increase accuracy.

Has anyone dealt with firearms in "house rules" in their campaigns? I went through the debate on archery/missile weapons, but didn't see what I was looking for (if its' there, I'm afraid I missed it!)

Cheers,

James Frusetta