Re: Crunching Up Contests

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 08:18:28 -0700

> How about a two-tier resolution method. You roll one simple
> contest to see who won that exchange, and then a second
> simple contest to find the severity of the consequences.

[snip]

> Sound any good?

Sounds like most RPG combat systems out there: Roll to Hit, Roll to Damage. Some systems even have the "To Hit" roll modify the "Damage" roll.

Not to say that it isn't a useful model to use in play (which is why so many RPGs use it). You'd also have to decide how to split your Weapon Bonus/Edge - All on To Hit, All on to Damage or a split between the two.

RR
- Richelieu