Re: Re:Superheroes

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 07:10:17 +0100 (BST)

> In germany you can end up with one of three possible
> degrees, which is a kind
> of a staging in knowledge, but then again, in my
> view, that would be
> expressed in the number or lack of masteries you
> have in "Schooleducation", no ?!

This does seem like a neater way to handle the entire problem. "Formal education" as an ability (though does 6 really mean illiterate, or should it start at 0?)

Then most western cultures (formal education compulsory up to the late teens) would have it at 17 as part of their keyword. Further education (degrees, post-graduate work) would probably be better handled by a subject-specific knowledge skill in any case.

> My idea of "WatchTV" was to give it everybody as a
> cultural keyword, not only students.

So how about people like me who rarely watch TV? It isn't compulsory, you know.

Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE Yahoo! Messenger http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/