RE: Question about non-humans and Puma People

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 04:25:24 +0100

Alex writes:

> Simplest fix still seems to me to be to rule that talents do not
> as a rule get excluded from 'otherworldly concentration'...

I quite agree. It's an easy fix, which does no harm.

I was *astonished* to read the rule that said (and I paraphrase somewhat, but Alex posted the relevant page ref.) "Heroes who want to advance in any cult, church or tradition must give up any distinctive personal powers [unless they have previously ring-fenced them in an odiously mechanical-abusive way]"...

... Not *quite* as astonished as I was when I learned that heroes' distinctive abilities are the ones with the *lowest* ratings at character generation (as that affects all player characters, not just ones who have zippy personal magic and then advance in a cult or whatever), but astonished nevertheless.

It's rather sad to watch TheCam digging, and I wish someone would remind him of the old adage about what to do when you're in a hole...

Cheers, Nick