Re: Prax?

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 00:06:10 -0700

> Got Hero Wars and so far I am still luke warm about
> it. One big reason (other than the fact that I love
> RQ rules) is the lack of Praxian material on the
> horizon. Sure there is some material in Sartar Rising
> but I want to see a players book and a region book on
> Prax. That would make my day.

Not on the schedule as yet. However, there have been a number of good ideas for converting RQ cults to HW, and a lot of RQ stuff for Prax, so you can at least fake it until a Praxian book comes out.

Note that Praxians are Animists, rather than Theists, so convert RQ spells into spirits rather than Affinities and feats. The traditions are Waha and Eiritha (a male-female split) with the Spirits of Prax as associated spirits.

Talking with Greg yesterday about many things... Storm Bull is a spirit, while Urox is a God. They have many things in common (you can look at the Cults of Prax writeup as a Godlearner compression of the two beings). Followers of either can get benefits from the other in one place - the Eternal Battle. All you have to do is walk into a giant, shrieking, ghost and skeleton-filled sandstorm... The Parts of the Bull work well as a special form of Spirit Integration.

RR