Re: Re: Victories with casualties

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 10:23:21 -0700

> While the results may have been realistic, I was a little disapointed
> with the messaging there. It just seemed to run counter to the
> spirit of much of the rest of the book. I guess it is the inate
> clash between "play this game as a swashbuckling adventure series!"
> and "These are the hero wars, where even gods will die."

The example felt more to me like the end of the campaign, or at least that part of the saga, like the end of the book in a modern fantasy Trilogy/Pentology/Dodecology - this is the last example in the book, after all. A final blow-out fight that not everyone survives. The dead are remembered, new characters are created, and a new book is started with a different bad guy. Of course a bit of "post-saga chatter" by the players would have helped with that impression.

RR
- Richelieu