Re: liturgists like it small!

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 15:35:17 -0000

> >one congregation equals one target.
>
> I can't believe that I of all people am bringing this up, but
wouldn't that
> lead to players taking Abilities labeled things like Incinerate
Horde? Or
> Cure Nation?

It would, but for example a hore would not merely defend with a default resistance of 14. That might include auto-augments from every member of it. You might be able to attack them as a group, but they would defend as a group too. Likewise the difficulty of curing a nation would be far, far greater than the default. Any disease on that scale would surely incorporate some powerful magical manifestation.

In the end, I think each narrator can assess the situation in their game and rule as seems appropriate. Every method of resolving this problem has it's pros and cons, it's just a matter of what is most convenient for your game. Of course is a central strength of the system, but more options can sometimes lead to confusion.

Simon Hibbs