Re: Iron?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 21:08:26 +0100 (BST)

> I might be reading HQ wrong, but I think the RQ2
> idea that enchanted
> iron doesn't impede magic is gone. I'm taking the
> text as saying that
> enchanting gives that additional one-tenth bonus,
> but still resists magic.

Having now re-read that section, I think you need to "refine" your iron to get the doubled bonus, not just the +10% of the magical rating. Fail to "refine" it, and it's just like bronze, only with the damper on magic. Nasty!

But, my iron ring, no powers at all, no bonus at all, will have no effect on my magic from the look of the rules.

If my sword had been iron....

An extra +6 against those trolls.
And +10% of my magical bonus of +20 is +2, as well. So +8.

Against that, -29 to all my magic? Effectively switching it off. Could I get a +8 or better augment by using feats and so on? Looking through: no, probably not.

Although does the magical damping stop the magical bonuses on the iron item from working....?

Jane Williams

Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE Yahoo! Messenger http://mail.messenger.yahoo.co.uk