Common Magic fof Kids

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 10:13:20 -0700

I´d just like to put myoar in the watr on this one.

Althought there was no common magic inthe rules when I wrote TR, I still stand by the definitions there. As a rule, children are not taught magic in Heortling society. As some contributors to this list have pointed out, it is a matter of responsibility.

Nonetheless, some "kid cults" will have some simple magic, like "call for help" or "band aid" or something like that.

ALSO, since Talents are not learned but are spontaneous withina person, then of course, some kids will have them. BUT it´d be a problem for the parents. Any parents out there want to contribute what they think would occur if their infants had Mindblast or Give Me that! as magic?

And yes, I do think that the Gloranthan/Heortling cultures hvae their own "kid culture" just like all Terrestial cultures have their own kid culture, and there may be some real magic (and yes, lots of bogus magic) taught in those.

But the rule is, kids are not taught magic.

Sincerely,
Greg Stafford